Pre Purchase Inspections
OVER 30 YEARS INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Professional independent pre purchase house inspections.
A Professional Report
Our Inspectors have over 30 years industry experience and the technical knowledge and experience to identify potential structural issues. We report in simple easy to read terms and you have the inspector’s direct number so you can have any queries answered promptly by the person who conducts your inspection.
Your report is detailed, easy to read & compliant with Australian standards. Our detailed pre-purchase reports comply with AS4349.1 – Pre-purchase Residential Building Inspections and has been developed over many years. The structural inspection is designed to satisfy the requirements of the standard REIWA building inspection annexure.
We carry full Professional Indemnity, Professional Liability, and Workers Compensation Insurance because our inspectors are our biggest asset and our clients want to know they are getting happy healthy and knowledgeable people. BCI WA is fully covered, which means so are you!
The costs of pre purchase building inspections
In Perth, the costs of a pre purchase inspection are based on the size of the property, its location, and whether it is single or two storey. It is a cost effective investment to have new and established home building inspections in Perth and highly recommended by all real estate agents to get a pre purchase building inspection before the keys are handed over to you.
We recommend practical maintenance and preventive actions to maintain your investment and have a team of inspectors who are all registered builders with over 25 years of experience each. BCI WA is also a member of the Master Builders Association and can provide a list of trusted trades for any required maintenance work.
As a necessary as part of the property buying process, we offer peace of mind on your investment.
pre purchase inspection process
1. Arrange a BCI building inspector to visit the property
2. Organise access to the property with the owner, occupant or agent
3. Undertake a comprehensive pre purchase building inspection of the property
4. Prepare a pre purchase inspection report and email or post it or you may collect it from our office in Como
5. Coordinate a timber pest inspection for you at the same time we conduct our inspection
Do you have a concern regarding the property? We are here for you! If you have any concerns regarding the property, let us know and we will have our inspector address your concern specifically!
What items are inspected?
Our pre purchase building inspections in Perth include:
- External roof, gutters and down pipes
- Valleys, flashings, flues, chimneys and loose ridges
- Underside of roof, roof space, roof structure, ceiling sheets, insulation type and coverage, sagging timber or leaking ridges or valleys.
- Condition of electrical wiring and plumbing (Preliminary check only as we are not licenced plumbers nor electricians)
- Foundations, installation quality, piers and stumps
- Walls, doors, and windows for repairs and cracking and ensure they are straight and true
- Rot, mould, termite or rodent activity
- Floors, internal walls for any repairs cracking or damage
- Moisture meter test to all the wet areas and adjacent walls
For all of our pre purchase building inspections in perth, we also offer an additional inspection of possible maintenance and cosmetic items.
Please note that these items will not affect the sale but are useful to know about.
- Small retaining walls
Have you just purchased a property?
If your offer to buy a property has been accepted subject to a property inspection or if you just want peace of mind on your investment; we can help you.
The best way to meet this condition is for one of our qualified building inspectors to undertake a pre purchase building inspection in Perth. Our pre purchase inspection report will confirm whether your property is structurally sound or not, including any recommendations for improvement and/or maintenance.
“BCI made the stressful process of buying a house that much easier by providing friendly service and an excellent product. I couldn’t be happier with the overall result achieved by using BCI and will go out of my way to recommend them to everyone. 10 out of 10.”