Advice from a local expert that employs Perth’s best Organisers!
Have a question regarding your property? Ask the BCI team for help.
“De cluttering is more than pretty containers with matching labels”
– Heather Gibson, Finer Details
Assess your ‘stuff’
Be critical – look at your home like you don’t live there and try to see with fresh eyes exactly what you are storing.
Top 5 finds:
- Unwanted gifts
- Sentimental items – kid’s artwork, cards, photos
- Clothes that you don’t wear or fit into
- Toys or old collections
- Books, bills and old paperwork
Align your head and heart
The right mindset will be the difference between success and failure when starting to declutter.
Ask yourself these 5 questions:
- Does it add value to my life?
- Has it served it’s purpose?
- Could someone else enjoy it now?
- Can I take a photo of it instead of storing it?
- Do I have other items that do the same thing?
Don’t look back!
Find lasting solutions or ask for help!
Top 5 forever free tips:
- One in – one out! First and foremost, apply this rule and you won’t have to spend a day or week decluttering again!
- Set limits – is one shelf of mugs enough? If so, when you need to move a glass to make room for the next mug, throw an old one out.
- Give everything a home! Instead of putting it down, put it away. If you only have what you need, this shouldn’t be hard.
- Become a mindful shopper. Think long term when buying and bringing items into your home.
- Be OK with asking for help! Ask a friend that lacks emotion or engage with a professional that can walk you through the process.
Need help with starting your decluttering process?
Talk to someone who understands clutter better than you or I ever could. Call and speak to a local expert who loves to help busy people create space in their life.
Contact Heather @ Finer Details