Pre Sale Building Inspection
SELLING A PROPERTY IN PERTH?
Add value to any sale with a pre sale building inspection in Perth that confirms the condition of your property identifying any structural repairs or maintenance.
A Professional Pre Sale Report
Are you selling a property as an investor, homeowner, developer, or as a real estate agent? If so, you will need a pre-sale building inspection. Don’t wait for your buyer to tell you the condition of your property and gain the upper-hand.
Our Inspectors have the technical knowledge and over 30 years of experience to identify potential structural problems. BCI WA provide an easy to read report with simple terms, and you have the inspector’s direct number for any queries. Your report is also highly detailed and compliant with Australian standards.
BCI WA carries full Professional Indemnity, Professional Liability, and Workers Compensation Insurance, meaning you are fully covered.
The costs of pre sale building inspections
In Perth, the costs of a pre sale inspection are based on the size of the property, its location, and whether it is single or two storey. Cost effective and highly recommended by all real estate agents, a pre sale building inspection is critical to selling your property.
We recommend practical maintenance and preventive actions to maintain your investment and have a team of inspectors who are all registered builders with over 25 years of experience each. BCI WA is also a member of the Master Builders Association and can provide a list of trusted trades for any required maintenance work.
As an essential part of the property selling process, we offer peace of mind on your investment.
pre sale inspection process
1. Arrange a BCI building inspector to visit the property
2. Organise access to the property with the owner, occupant or agent
3. Undertake a comprehensive pre sale building inspection of the property
4. Prepare a pre sale inspection report and email or post it or you may collect it from our office in Como
5. Coordinate a timber pest inspection for you at the same time we conduct our inspection
Do you have a concern regarding the property? We are here for you! If you have any concerns regarding the property, let us know and we will have our inspector address your concern specifically!
What items are inspected?
Our pre sale building inspections in Perth include:
- External roof, gutters and down pipes
- Valleys, flashings, flues, chimneys and loose ridges
- Underside of roof, roof space, roof structure, ceiling sheets, insulation type and coverage, sagging timber or leaking ridges or valleys.
- Condition of electrical wiring and plumbing (Preliminary check only as we are not licenced plumbers nor electricians)
- Foundations, installation quality, piers and stumps
- Walls, doors, and windows for repairs and cracking and ensure they are straight and true
- Rot, mould, termite or rodent activity
- Floors, internal walls for any repairs cracking or damage
- Moisture meter test to all the wet areas and adjacent walls
For all of our pre sale building inspections in perth, we also offer an additional inspection of possible maintenance and cosmetic items.
Please note that these items will not affect the sale but are useful to know about.
- Small retaining walls
Looking to sell your property?
Whether you are an investor, homeowner, developer, or real estate agent, gain the upper-hand, add value, and guarantee peace of mind with a pre sale building inspection and confirm the condition of your property.