Depreciation Schedules

Are You An Investor?

If you want to claim the maximum tax deduction for depreciation on your investment property (building or plant and equipment), a depreciation schedule is prepared for tax return purposes.
Our tax depreciation schedule provides the basis for claiming both property (Division 43) and plant and equipment (Division 40) within the allowable period.
Deductions can be claimed on both the building structure and the plant and equipment items within it.

What Will We Do?

  • Arrange a BCI quantity surveyor to visit the property
  • Organise access to the property with the owner or occupant
  • Undertake a comprehensive survey of the property including plant and equipment
  • Compile the necessary information to support your claim for depreciation with the Australian Tax Office (ATO), observing Tax Ruling TR 97/25
  • Prepare a schedule and email or post it or you may collect it from our office in Como

What Items Are Surveyed?

  • All depreciable items, such as property, plant and equipment

Please note, that according to Tax Ruling IT2685, there are other items which are depreciable and maybe collectively described as ‘overhead and professional and fee expenses’ and ‘other short lifespan disposable items’ which we do not include in your depreciation schedule. We recommend however that you consult your property manager or tax agent regarding these items.

How Do We Help You?

We offer peace of mind on your investment as we:
  • Have a qualified Quantity Surveyor with a strong building background
  • Are a member of the Master Builders Association
  • Provide a list of trusted trades people who you can refer to for future maintenance work
  • Have full public indemnity insurance, which means that you are insured too!

What Are The Costs?

The costs of a tax depreciation survey are based on the size of the property to be inspected, amount of plant and equipment and its location.


BCI, building inspector, building inspector Perth, registered builder, structural engineer
BCI, building inspector, building inspector Perth, registered builder, structural engineer